PDA

View Full Version : Lichen mix

OvidiuCavasdan
01-22-2012, 01:49 PM
40D, EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
F22
0,4 sec
ISO 200
Lichens on rock from the garden, natural light and collapsable reflector, tripod, MLU and timer.

Julie Kenward
01-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Very nice, Ovidiu! You got great clarity all the way through the frame...not so easy to do with these tiny guys! My only thought on seeing this was whether the image is leaning a bit to the blue side...was the lichen really these colors? That's awesome if they were...don't know that I've ever seen them in these shades before.

Terrific mix of textures and colors; and you chose a great composition which many people would have struggled with. Having the yellow lichen in the right third and that one light blue in the ROT's area really sets this up for a balanced comp. Nicely done!

OvidiuCavasdan
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Julie, thanks for comment and critique!... you might be right about the colors...here is a repost.

Julie Kenward
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Ovidiu, that looks more natural but now I miss the blues! Both are beautiful though!

Jerry van Dijk
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Ovidiu, you've got a good eye for detail! Very nice composition and 3D feel. I like the OP, in my experience these lichens are a bit blueish.

Steve Maxson
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Ovidiu. You captured excellent sharpness and detail throughout the image and I like the comp. I also like how the light brings out all the structure and texture of the lichens. I don't know what the colors "should" look like, but from an aesthetic viewpoint, I prefer the colors in the OP. Very well done!

Ken Childs
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Ovidiu, you did a great job of keeping this sharp throughout and I agree the composition is just right. Whether or not the colors are right, I prefer the OP. Well done!

Brendan Dozier
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Beautiful composition, Ovidiu, nicely seen, like the combination of textures and colors.