PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing

Gary Esman
01-22-2012, 10:09 AM
7D, 1/2000, f/5.6, iso 200, 100-400 mm at 285.

Life has been busy but was able to get out yesterday for a few shots.

Comments and critiques always welcomed.

Gary.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Gary that is a cool capture. Nice low angle and soft blue tones. I might be tempted to remove the shiny white reflections , not sure.

Grace Scalzo
01-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Lots of fun to see this image. Cold, dynamic, action filled, all four feet off the ground, kicked up snow. Love it! One for some of the major contests for their consideration??

Morris Altman
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Very nice action photo Gary. Some control points in on the white feathers or a bit of a curves adjustment on in the bright white area might bring out some more feather detail. I bet it was exciting to watch and listen to this takeoff. Nice job!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Morris<o:p></o:p>

Stu Bowie
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi Gary, well timed for the double take off, and both with similar poses. Good to see the flying snow, together with their shadows, and overall well exposed. I cant help thinking a little more space below wont harm this. :w3

Willem Verboom
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
This is a great shot with a bunch of good action. The picture looks a bit better in my eyes if there was alittle bite more room on the left side in the frame .. but I wish a was there to make this shot. This kind off swans we seen here never in holland.

greetz Willem

Gary Esman
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Added a little more room, which I had except on the left. Through Color Efex Pro 4 used the detail extraction to bring out a little more detail in the whites and eliminated the more prominent snow reflections. What do you think?

Gary.

Randy Stout
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Gary:

Pretty neat, like the timing, similar poses, overlap without loss of important parts, kicked up snow plume, shadows.

From a comp standpoint, all the flow is along the horizontal, and it would work well with a pano crop for me. Not tight, but could def. stand some off the top for my tastes.

This a good place for the Color Efex pro to tease out a bit more detail in the whites.

Cheers

Randy

Too dreary to go out today I am afraid.

Gary Esman
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Gary:

Pretty neat, like the timing, similar poses, overlap without loss of important parts, kicked up snow plume, shadows.

From a comp standpoint, all the flow is along the horizontal, and it would work well with a pano crop for me. Not tight, but could def. stand some off the top for my tastes.

This a good place for the Color Efex pro to tease out a bit more detail in the whites.

Cheers

Randy

Too dreary to go out today I am afraid.

Hey Randy, totally agree about today, we have the off white sky from horizon to horizon. This is a 7 x 4 crop, are you suggesting more of a pano crop?

Gary.

Randy Stout
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Hey Randy, totally agree about today, we have the off white sky from horizon to horizon. This is a 7 x 4 crop, are you suggesting more of a pano crop?

Gary.

Yes! Play with it, but I like something along this line.

arash_hazeghi
01-22-2012, 03:18 PM
great shot and excellent exposure control the last repost by Randy nails it
well done

Rhys Marsh
01-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow, absolutely beautiful and stunning! An extremely compelling photo, I particularly like the most recent repost - great detail in the wings and I love the pano crop!

Brendan Dozier
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
What a great action capture, Gary! Great timing, love the drag racing poses, and kicked up snow is a great touch. Good suggestions, and I think the added pano in Randy's post strengthens the whole comp. Nice work!

Jim Crosswell
01-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Great image Gary! I like the flying snow, wing positions and setting. Randys repost makes the image even better.

Sid Garige
01-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Excellent action very well captured Gary. Randy's repost takes it to next level.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Superb image, Gary. Fantastic action, story and comp. Love the kicked up snow.
Excellent work.

Geir Jensen
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Lovly image and Randy,s repost , Wow. Wery well done.

Gary Esman
01-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks all for the kind comments and thanks Randy for the repost!

Gary.