PDA

View Full Version : Image Posting Instructions

James Shadle
01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
How to post an image.
George DeCamp was kind enough to put this together for us.

1. Click on "New Thread" in the forum of your choice.

2. When window is open you will see a section "Additional Options", click on "Manage Attachments"

3. When attachment window opens you will see a "browse" button. This is the one you will most likely use to upload an image from your computer to the host computer paying close attention to the posting guidelines for size, etc. Once you find the file on your computer click the upload button to the right of the browse button.

4. After upload is complete, go to your message window and fill in your "Title" then in the "Message Window" give as much info as you can to help those who will critique your image. This includes but is not limited to conditions, camera, settings (ISO, f/stop, Shutter speed, support, flash). Anything else you can think of? If no > "Preview Post".

5. Clicking "Preview Post" first will show you what everyone who opens your post will see. If there is something missing, go back to your open window and add it then click Preview Post again....do this until you are satisfied with your post then click Submit

Still having trouble posting an image? Leave a message here and we will try our best to answer it.Once you get it right it will be second nature, it may seem daunting at first but give it a shot!! :)

Balamahesh
09-17-2009, 12:09 AM
HI James,
I'm new member to this group. I thought of posting one of my image to this website. I could not able to cross this step
2. When window is open you will see a section "Additional Options", click on "Manage Attachments"

Please advise, where is this "manage attachments" locate?

thanks!
Balamahesh

Darren Plante
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Same issue here! do I need to be a member to post an attachment? Under my posting rules it says "you may not post attachments"

Thanks
Darren

Dave Phillips
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Same issue here! do I need to be a member to post an attachment? Under my posting rules it says "you may not post attachments"

Thanks
Darren

you must be a member to upload/post attachments directly to and hosted by the forums.
You are free to host images at other storage/album sites and then link to an appropriate
size image for the forums. Just select "insert image" and put in the links address.

But IMHO, becoming a paid member is a bargain here

Darren Plante
10-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks Dave
I must have been a member in the past but, could not remember if I had been a member.