PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: Museum's

Paul Lagasi
01-21-2012, 09:51 PM
This image taken at the Karlsruhe Museum, this diarama shows a Barn Owl returning to his roost with a mouse....I removed the background behind the Owl and added the moon.
Used the Spicify effect from Topaz.

Still not very mobile, a great time to go through all my images. My procedure went well but I must return to hospital, February 1st to have a stent inserted in my Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery --- a lovely new word I learned :Whoa!:. Must admit I've learned quite a few new words this past month....excersise, diet, colesterol, blood test, etc., words I'd heard before but chose to ignore. Getting kicked square in the butt by angina has forced me to pay attention rather quickly.

Not exactly how I planned to spend my winter. You should see all the work I am getting done around here....:w3

Brendan Dozier
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM
What a very cool image, nicely composed and great looking owl, Paul. To bad for the mouse, but like the pose & eye contact. The old stone masonry and arched window create a nice frame for the owl, and moon adds to the whole mood. Hope you don't mind me experimenting a little. I darkened the stones a bit, removed the owl poo, and scaled down the moon to help give a little more emphasis to the owl. Wondering if I darkened stones a bit too much? I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, and hope you are back to normal soon, stronger and healthier.

denise ippolito
01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Paul, I'm glad your procedure went well and that you are on track. Great looking image. I like the way Brendan scaled down the moon. I do like the poo lines int he original as I think they add some character. Nice job and great OOTB thinking.

Andrew McLachlan
01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Paul, glad you are on the road to recovery. Love your creativity with this one. The stones, owl and moon all look superb. I also like the white wash lines in the original post. Hope all goes well on Feb. 1st. Take care. :S3:

Judy Howle
01-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Paul, I'm glad you found out about the problem in time and hope all goes well with the procedure and that you will soon be 100%!

I really love the owl framed in the window and the moon is a creative add-on. I like Brendan's version without the poo :w3 and the scaled-down moon.

Anita Bower
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Dramatic image! I like both versions. Well presented. Everything works well together. Hope you are able to make the necessary changes in your life so that you continue to create wonderful photos for many years to come.

Julie Kenward
01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the club of heart problems Paul! I was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy at the ripe old age of 45...not exactly what you think you're going to hear at that stage of your life - but considering my mother's side of the family it was bound to show up at some point.

Love the initial image...very mysterious feel to it and Brendan took it even further. I also like the owl excrement on the first post but can see why Brendan removed it as it does simplify the image a bit more.

Good luck with your recovery process and make the most of the down time!

Steve Adkins
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Awesome image and processing, Paul. Has a kinda Harry Potter feel to it. Hope all goes well and you are soon back to capturing these amazing images!!!