PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Favorite Barn

Christopher Miller
01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi, everyone. Sorry for my inactivity here lately. I've been busy tackling the long overdue task of organizing all my photos from the past 5 years(I'm nowhere near done but making good progress).

I've posted this self-portrait of me posing in front of the old barn, before in the Friends, Family, and Other Stuff forum. I aged the photo using three of my own textures, "RVT-Tan (http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/rugged-vintage-tone-texture-set.html)" from Shadowhouse Creations, and the 11th texture on this page here (http://lostandtaken.com/2009/01/11-old-grungy-film-textures.html).

Paul Lagasi
01-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I recognise that barn from someplace...nice vintage looking image...well fone as always

Brendan Dozier
01-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I remember this barn, Christopher. Nicely composed self-portrait. Love the textures - the heavy scratches add nicely to the whole aged look. Like the one dark window above and the subtle tree shadow across the front of barn. Well done!

denise ippolito
01-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Christopher, It's nice to see the man behind the barn. I like the aging you added to the image and as usual your textures are spot on!

Andrew McLachlan
01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi Christopher, cool self-portrait. The barn looks great as does the aging. The heavy scratches really suit this comp. Nice one! :S3:

John Storjohann
01-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi Christopher. You nailed the aging process in creating this...the sepia tone, the scratches, the blotchy texture...wonderful job of processing your self-portrait.

Anita Bower
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Great to see you with the barn! How does one organize 5 years worth of photos?

Julie Kenward
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Really great SP Chris! You look like you were born to live there...you seem very comfortable with these surroundings!

Love the pp work...and agree that the scratches really takes it over the top.

Christopher Miller
01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Anita, that's a good question. My goal is to keyword all the photos, delete any that I definitely don't want to keep, and rate all the rest on a scale of 1-4 so I know which ones I will want to process. I've tried to do that before, but it always ended being so haphazard and daunting that I would give up. Only recently did I finally hit upon a good plan to quickly and efficiently go through each folder of photos. I'm almost done 2007, which leaves just 2008-2011 to do. :2eyes2:

Anita Bower
01-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Anita, that's a good question. My goal is to keyword all the photos, delete any that I definitely don't want to keep, and rate all the rest on a scale of 1-4 so I know which ones I will want to process. I've tried to do that before, but it always ended being so haphazard and daunting that I would give up. Only recently did I finally hit upon a good plan to quickly and efficiently go through each folder of photos. I'm almost done 2007, which leaves just 2008-2011 to do. :2eyes2:
Thanks for the answer. Sounds like a good plan. For the last 6 months I've been keywording my photos when I first open them in Elements. Using the rating system to mark those you want to process is a good idea. I may try it. Are you using Elements for this organization?

Christopher Miller
01-23-2012, 08:05 AM
I use a program called ThumbsPlus, which I got as a prize once from a picture of day contest.

Anita Bower
01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I use a program called ThumbsPlus, which I got as a prize once from a picture of day contest.
Thanks.

Steve Adkins
01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Great to see you in your element, Christopher! Love the processing, too. :S3: