PDA

View Full Version : Facebook: New/Updated Page; Sold First Image EVER!

Jay Gould
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I am very pleased to share with you that one of my images (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/85360-Moeraki-Boulders-New-Zealand) which is posted on Kah Kit Yoong's workshop participants' page: http://www.magichourtravelscapes.com/photo.php?id=876&gallery=nzexpedition, and more importantly was a BPN IOTW, has been purchased in a 1000 x 666 format for hanging in the buyer's entrance in his newly built home. My image from South Island, New Zealand, is going to hang in the home of a Tasmanian, Australian buyer. :bg3:

To celebrate the sale of my first image EVER! I am remaking my personal FB page into my photography FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Luvntravlnphotography, and I have finally bit the bullet and started construction of a Zenfolio Luvntravlnphotography website. I will post when the website is up and running.

Of course, none of this would have happened without YOU, the teachers, members, and participants here on BPN. To acknowledge YOU and your contribution to ME, I posted the following with a BPN link:

BPN: While there are many wonderful photography forums on the internet where photographers of all levels can post images and receive critiques, BPN is second to none!!

As a newbie I joined BPN in 2009 to learn the art of photography. It is nothing short of amazing how much time is freely given by the members that are working professional photographers to teach and encourage newbies, intermediates, and each other. It is also amazing how much time the members and the participants expend playing the BPN game.

And, to top it off, while the annual membership cost is a mere $20 for this extraordinary experience, the owners of the site led by Arthur Morris, permit anyone to be a full participant simply by registering.

Since this is going to all of my "Friends", if you are a photographer that wants to become a better photographer, or if you know someone that would appreciate the opportunity to become a better photographer, or someone that simply likes to share their photographic efforts, come on down and join me at BPN.

I am looking forward to using my FB page for more than just posting/sharing images. Hopefully it will result in some interesting photography discussions AND perhaps some new memberships for BPN. If you are on FB; lets be "friends"!

Marina Scarr
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Congratulations on your first sale, Jay! I have a feeling that selling that first one is usually the sweetest one. May you sell many more. The one you sold is truly a unique image.

denise ippolito
01-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Congratulations Jay, I bet it won't be your last:S3: Beautiful image!

Roger Clark
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Congratulations Jay. That is a really great image. I've been to that spot, but not in such great light. Well done.

Roger

Dan Brown
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Congrats, Jay!

Rachel Hollander
01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Jay - I remember that photo well. Congrats and well done.

Rachel

Matt Fragale
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Congratulations!

Harshad Barve
01-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on your first sale, Jay!

Brian Jennings
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
All I can say is WOW, I looked at some of your shots and they are all fantastic.

fabiobernardino
01-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Congratulations , very nice image.I'll add you on FB.

James Shadle
01-24-2012, 11:38 PM
You've come a long way baby!!!!
Congratulations!

Dave Woeller
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Congratulations Jay, well deserved. The image is exquisite.