PDA

View Full Version : Lorikeet

Sid Overbey
04-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I took this a few years ago in San Diego but never liked the bg. Since I am playing around more with PS Elements I tried to mute it some. Can this be fixed to make it less annoying?
Nikon D70
70-300MM@105
f/4.2
iso 200

Thanks.

Alfred Forns
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Sid !!! You could try brightening up the bird so he stands out better from the bg As presented it looks dull

Always check the bg when making the image In situations like this fill flash works well !!! Tried lightening the image with levels, slight curves, added canvas to the right and blurred bg !!

Judd Patterson
04-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Alfred really has helped here, but it's a tough challenge. In general you want to reduce contrast in your background through any of a variety of tools (Curves, Shadow/Highlight, Brightness/Contrast, etc.)

The best solutions moving forward are to experiment with fill flash to reduce shadow area on your main subject as well as to really make concious decisions about your photography angles/backgrounds...sometimes there's still little you can do. Nice looking bird!

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Very nice composition Sid,
Lovely colors on your bird, Love the repost from Al; the background looks better after it was lightened...:D