PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite

Indranil Sircar
01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Yosemite is certainly one of my favorite places to visit... I typically go there three to four times a year! Over the years I have collected a lot of images and while looking through those came across this one of the majestic Yosemite falls. One don't get to see this view unless you are hiking on the popular four-mile trail from Glacier Point. I had taken this image in 2001 using my first digital camera! (Olympus Camedia). Luckily I kept it :S3: For processing, I was thinking of b&w; eventually went for the retro look for which I used Topaz Adjust (vibrant, toned with local adjustments) and Topaz Simplify. Hope you like it...

John Storjohann
01-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Indranil. The strength of this image, to me, is the unique perspective of the falls...the process just enhance the almost three dimensional effect. Wonderful job of bringing out the detail from the shadows....love the muted tones brought out by you processing....great composition, great technical approach, and great processing. Nicely done!

Paul Lagasi
01-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Never been there Indranil, something I hope to remedy soon...lovely work and image..well done

Brendan Dozier
01-22-2012, 12:12 AM
What a wonderful grand scene you captured, Indranil. Nicely composed. I like your treatment, but also would be interested in seeing it in B&W and a version with just a bit more green brought back in just to compare. Nice work!

denise ippolito
01-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Indranil, It's a lovely view. Yosemite is a unique a beautiful slice of Heaven and I can't wait to get back there. Maybe this summer.

Mitch Carucci
01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Indranil,

Lovely waterfall pic. I was there, and photographed that waterfall in 1973. Your pic is a lot better!

Mitch

Indranil Sircar
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Thanks all. I appreciate it.

John, here is the bw version. I used adjustment layers and mask to get different shades...

Brendan Dozier
01-23-2012, 02:15 AM
The B&W is awesome, Indranil, I think I prefer it over the OP.