PDA

View Full Version : Yellowston Repost

Maureen Allen
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I posted this image during the height of the great BPN meltdown. From my trip this summer to Yellowstone, which is one of my favorite places to be. PB/Oil, Topaz adjust

Andrew McLachlan
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Maureen, this is a nicely composed landscape with a complimentary treatment applied. Love the rising steam/mist.

Judy Howle
01-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Interesting landscape! I like the bright colors and the mist. Nicely processed.

Joe Senzatimore
01-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Love the mood created by the mist. Nice color and treatments. I just find it a bit busy overall. Can't seem to let my eye settle on the main subject as I feel there may be more then one.

Steve Adkins
01-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Yellowstone is fascinating, Maureen. This is a feast for the eyes. Love the mist and the little yellow flowers and the view under the water and ... ... ... even the shadows have a part to play. :S3:

Kerry Perkins
01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Hi Maureen, YSNP is certainly one of the most magical places in the USA. I have only been there three times and can't wait to go back. I agree with Joe on the composition - I feel that the two pools are competing for the eye and probably would not have included the foreground pool in the image. I do like the colors and quality of light! The effects look great, especially on the rising mist. Very nice!

Maureen Allen
01-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I agree that this is very busy. It does leave your eye wandering. No anchor. That is exactly why I chose it. Yellowstone is full of wonder. The more I looked at any given area, the more I saw. Even when I was exhausted, I couldn't stop exploring. The mystical, magical, fairytale like atmosphere fed my imagination and my soul.

I have many more "traditional" landscape images of Yellowstone, but they simply don't represent what I most love about the place.

It's quite possible I've jumped so far out of the box, I can't find my way back in. Probably something I need to work on... :bg3:

denise ippolito
01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Maureen, I feel that there is an image in there. By chance do you have a bit more room on the left. I'd like to see the "wave looking" element that is in the center of the image be more off center and put into a ROT position so that it would be a resting place for your eye. I might evict or tone down the tree on the right as it draws my eye. Yellowstone is a magical place and the image has a bit of a magical feel to it. The colors are super!

Maureen Allen
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh my. I have to say I think there's an image there now. There isn't room on the left. This is full frame. But I understand your suggestion, Denise and appreciate your thoughts on this.

Indranil Sircar
01-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Very nice, Maureen. Love the colors... I will be in YSNP in May and already planning ahead what to look for :S3: TFS.

denise ippolito
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh my. I have to say I think there's an image there now. There isn't room on the left. This is full frame. But I understand your suggestion, Denise and appreciate your thoughts on this.

Yikes, I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that I think that there isn't an image in there. I was actually saying that I do think that there is an image there. A focal point as noted above would help and I was just trying to help you find one in your image. Sorry, I didn't mean that you had no image I was actually trying to encourage you not discourage you.