PDA

View Full Version : Scaly-breasted Lorikeet (Trichoglossus chlorolepidotus) Murrays Beach NSW

Rod Warnock
01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Scaly-breasted Lorikeet (Trichoglossus chlorolepidotus) Murrays Beach NSW
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM ISO800 F8.0 1/800 available light 20 January 2012 5.45pm
At present at this location there are Rainbow Lorikeets, Galahs in addition to the Scaly-bresated Lorikeets in the above image. So for the next few days this will be the spot to visit. Scaly-breasted Lorikeets are found right down the eastern area of Australia and are one species out of nectar eating Lorikeets which have tougues adpated for this activity. This species is less numerous than the Rainbow Lorikeet. For further information go to Birds in Backyards Website at : http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Trichoglossus-chlorolepidotus
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Randy Stout
01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Rod:

The birds are very nice, with similar head angles, nice exposure, very sharp.

My thoughts center mainly around the trunk and background. In particular, the very bright patch on the trunk just to the left of the leftmost bird could be toned down a bit so it doesn't compete so effectively with the birds, and some of the brighter spots in the sky too.

I might consider cropping about 1/2 way in from the left to help with reducing amount of white area and moving the birds out of the center of the frame.

Just some options for you.
Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Rod, you truly nailed this one. I just love how you got both of them in the frame. You did well with the angle and the environment. While the white portion of the tree trunk might be considered by some to be distracting, for me, it's all about the environment in which these parakeets live. You have patterns, textures, colors, perfect angles on the birds and it works for me.

Ofer Levy
01-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Lovely light, poses and eye contact! I can see this as a verticaal too. Looks like weather won't allow any visits in the next few days....

Randy Stout
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Rod:

Here is a quick version of my thoughts. Lots of room for tweaking as desired.

Cheers

Randy

Rod Warnock
01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks Marina and Ofer for your kind comments.
Randy I did two versions and then submitted looser version. Here is the smaller version with less habitat element. Thanks Randy for your suggestions.
Best regards
Rod

Marina Scarr
01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Now that I see the vertical, I like both versions. They are both so totally different it's amazing.

Yves Guillot
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Lovely birds and pose!

Grace Scalzo
01-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Really a sweet image, no matter what you end up with for your final version. Quite an intimate feel to it. I like their perch, just personally would tweak the bright area on the trunk so that it does not draw my eye from the birds.

Rod Warnock
01-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Just noticed a couple of errors in my information posted with this image:
At present at this location there are Rainbow Lorikeets, Galahs in addition to the Scaly-bresated Lorikeets in the above image. So for the next few days this will be the spot to visit. Scaly-breasted Lorikeets are found right down the eastern area of Australia and are one species out of six nectar eating Lorikeets which have tongues adpated for this activity. This species is less numerous than the Rainbow Lorikeet. For further information go to Birds in Backyards Website at : http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/...hlorolepidotus

Corrections in BOLD
Thanks
Rod

gail bisson
01-21-2012, 06:45 AM
I really like the vertical. The pose of the birds is just perfect. Excellent IQ. Well done,
Gail

Jan Wegener
01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
what a fantastic image Rod. Love it. I prefer the original.

arash_hazeghi
01-21-2012, 05:26 PM
great shot I also prefer the vert.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Gorgeous birds! The green is almost fluorescent! Sharp, gorgeous light and two perfect poses/HAs. Congrats.
+1 to the vertical. +1 to what Randy did to tone down the bright part of the trunk.