PDA

View Full Version : California Thrasher

wendell westfall
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
D90 70-20VR+2X@340 1/1000 f5.6 ISO400 0EV monopod

I took this picture yesterday morning. It is the only decent image I got of the bird. He was hidden in the tree most of the time. It is cropped and sharpened. And I cloned a thin branch above its head. The indentation in its feathers on its right side looks a bit strange, but that is the way it was.

Wendell

Sachin Saraf
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Wendell considering difficulty this is fine image...Light looks little harsh and you might be good if you can selectively recover highlights from the blown out part of the breast.

Marina Scarr
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
It looks as though you had some difficult lighting conditions when you photographed this thrasher. I like his pose and the open bill but the exposure needs to come down. I am not normally in the habit of cloning out a lot of objects but, in this particular case, I would clone out all of the twigs in the right bottom corner. The fact that most of them are OOF causes them to be quite distracting.

Morris Altman
01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
I like the pose and find the little stick on the left bringsmy eyes back to the eye when they start to drift. A few spots have highlight clipping and if youhave time, check your LCD for blinking highlight warnings and adjust yourexposure a touch. The feather detail isvery nice.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Morris<o:p></o:p>

gail bisson
01-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Very good points made by everyone. Nice calling pose.
Gail