PDA

View Full Version : Morning Lipkins

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Spent two days shooting Vero beach and the vierra wetlands. this image from my first day at Vero. I really like the color palette, morning glow and the bg mosses. I have finally moved from AV setting to full manual and am happy to take the leap. For this image I was playing with my settings to get my dof right. Unfortunately by the time I changed the aperture the birds position changed. This was the perfect ha's for both and I think i just made the dof on both birds.
Canon 7D 300 mm 2.8 L IS w1.4 X
ISO 500 f8 @1/640 HH from a boat very close to full frame For some reason the file was huge so this is a very low IQ to get to the 250 size.
C&C always welcome, Thanks

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Cheryl, very nice environmental shot. nice poses and HAs. liked the light as well. Well done.

judging by the moss, looks like this can use some ccw rotation.

dankearl
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I really like environment photos like this.
The file was huge because there is a lot going on here with all the branches and foliage.
I would love to see the Original, great looking birds and setting.

Carmelo Cannova
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Excellent environmental shot and great color combination between the birds and the surrounding.

Carmelo

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Cheryl, very nice environmental shot. nice poses and HAs. liked the light as well. Well done.

judging by the moss, looks like this can use some ccw rotation.

Kaustubh, thanks for that but I tried that after you suggested but I think it's the wind? The tree looks straight no?

Jonathan Ashton
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I like you shot very much Cheryl. I like the composition, normally I would not want a large tree trunk behind the subject but I think this works - had it been the mosses it would have been distracting whereas in this case I think they are complimentary.
I am curious about your compression dilemma - do you use the standard Save for Web Technique and in options make it 250kb?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I like you shot very much Cheryl. I like the composition, normally I would not want a large tree trunk behind the subject but I think this works - had it been the mosses it would have been distracting whereas in this case I think they are complimentary.
I am curious about your compression dilemma - do you use the standard Save for Web Technique and in options make it 250kb?

Hi Jonathan and Thank you. Actually no I usually just convert the color then resize and save at 250. This image was too big to get down to 250 so I had to use the save for web but I still had to resize it first.

Marina Scarr
01-21-2012, 04:50 PM
A very unique capture and not what I would expect for a Limpkin. I love all the moss, the light, the pair posed together in their environment.

Marina Scarr
01-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Regarding your horizon check out Ron's pic on FB which is solar to yours. The tree is not necessarily straight and have to Agee with Kaustubh after comparing the two. I think our eyes are tricked in this instance.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Regarding your horizon check out Ron's pic on FB which is solar to yours. The tree is not necessarily straight and have to Agee with Kaustubh after comparing the two. I think our eyes are tricked in this instance.

After looking again, I do see the tree is off a little but not quite as much as the moss. I will need a little roatation

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-22-2012, 09:16 AM
After looking again, I do see the tree is off a little but not quite as much as the moss. I will need a little roatation Heres my fix WDYT?