PDA

View Full Version : Tiger...

v.p.nurdeen
01-12-2012, 05:17 AM
this was made in Bandhavgar India in April 2010. Sorry for posting one more Tiger on the dirt track :S3:

Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f4
Aperture: f/ 7.1
Shutters: 1/250
Speed: ISO 400

Vikram Agrawal
01-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Great eye level shot of the most amazing big cat!

Steve Kaluski
01-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi VPN, not knowing how this was cropped, but guess you shot it portrait, could you please post the uncropped version too as I just wonder if there is another alternative, just not a lover of slim crops. :w3

Thanks
Steve

v.p.nurdeen
01-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi Steve,
this is the uncroped version of the image
VPN

Rachel Hollander
01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi VPN - I actually prefer the uncropped version. Looks like you warmed the cropped version quite a bit and also that the IQ suffered from such a large crop. The head-on stare and walking pose are great. Maybe somewhere in between the 2 versions.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi VPN, thanks for the original uncropped version.

Firstly, taking Rachel's point about the Saturation, I much prefer the second post as the colours look more 'natural' and softer to the eye, perhaps it's the slight coolness of the colours. To me, both FG & BKG has parts that look as if they have been 'altered/blurred' which catches my eye slightly, not sure what has happened? Regarding the crop I personally would like a bit more room all around and slightly offsetting the Tiger perhaps to the left, with less FG and more BKG to give the environment/habitat feel.

Roads are not an issue as stated before, so no need to pick up on this for the future as it is part & parcel of the habitat.

Look forward to the repost hopefully.

TFS
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
01-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Very nice, I would like to see a hint more contrast (Personal taste) IQ held well with the crop...Dirt tracks are a reality in reserves and give most of the open shots at these guys without a busy BG or a leaf/blade of grass over the face...So what I am saying it does not bug me!

Harshad Barve
01-12-2012, 09:08 PM
If mine I may shave sliver from bottom of original capture , Great image VPN ,
How do you PP your NEF files ? , Just curious
TFS

v.p.nurdeen
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
One more version cropped like Steve suggested without neat image.
VPN

Steve Kaluski
01-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Hi VPN, I like this, there is room for the subject to breathe and the removal of the NR applied works for me now, but hope others will add their thoughts too on the repost. Not sure what you use to apply NR, but you should be able to adjust the %, so you may wish to apply it, but at a lesser rate?

Steve

Rachel Hollander
01-13-2012, 09:31 AM
VPN - the new repost is my favorite too.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
01-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree I like the repost. Steve was right VPN on a loser crop and you did a fine job with that. The BG is undistracting and lends itself well to giving the Tiger a stronger connection to its environment.

Gregor Bergquist
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I really like this tiger post. I like the uncropped version best, because I like to see the environment and it gets more depth. Good one.

Pieter de Waal
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi VP, I like the uncropped version with maybe a some off the top and agree with Dumay for a little more contrast. What a thrill to see this magnificent animal striding towards you.

Mark Wiseman
01-22-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi VP, your repost is so much better than the original and the full image has also great potential as the road has less of an impact. It is a reserve and roads are present in all reserves, so I would not beat yourself up too much about it. Thanks for sharing and best wishes, Mark.