Eurasian Wigeon (Anas penelope)
Thol Bird Sanctuary, Gujarat, INDIA

1D Mark IV, 800 f/5.6
1/3200, f/7.1, ISO 800
Jan 08, 2012 , TRIPOD

C&C Welcome

gail bisson
01-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Dreamy BG and I like the top side view and open beak of the rear widgeon. Nice light as well and nice placement of the birds in the frame. I wish for a better wing position in the lead bird,
Gail

Stu Bowie
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi Mital Bhai, its always great to capture more than one in flight together. Great wing position of the rear wigeon, and the front one looks like he's gliding. Love the light, both in focus and sharp, and killer BG. Well captured.

Sachin Saraf
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Very well done bhai..Love the rear one as it has both nice wing position and open beak and as said by Stu the leading one is surely gliding...that BG is excellent.
You did well getting details in shadow...how big is the crop?

Mital Patel
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi Mital Bhai, its always great to capture more than one in flight together. Great wing position of the rear wigeon, and the front one looks like he's gliding. Love the light, both in focus and sharp, and killer BG. Well captured.

Thanks a lot bhai. the only difficulty we have or i have seen with sync is that they normally dont fly in sync (this is my observation at my place everytime i try this i fail) seem have to try till i get that :)..

THey always fly in odd manner one lifts wings the other gets its down :)

Mital Patel
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Very well done bhai..Love the rear one as it has both nice wing position and open beak and as said by Stu the leading one is surely gliding...that BG is excellent.
You did well getting details in shadow...how big is the crop?

Sachin thanks .. this would be around 50% of the full frame or little bigger.

Btw i really Wanted to know how to calculate ratio of crop when doing to properly write it here. everytime have to say in approx :)

dankearl
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Very nice to get both sharp.
A lot harder than it looks.
Well done.

Grace Scalzo
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice image, Mital...and a difficult one at that. Love how the bird's are slightly angled to us and the female's calling pose is nice too.

Marina Scarr
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Love the fact that you were able to capture the pair in the same frame!!! It's not easy to do. You have a great BG and nice comp. The only thing that could have improved this image was if the male could have given you a little better wing position. Well done!

Jeroen Stel
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Perfect in many ways! A wonderful shot of one of my favourite Ducks!
Well done!

greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Carmelo Cannova
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Excellent flight capture. Love the creamy BG and the light.

Carmelo

Robert Holguin
01-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Sweet shot. Great job in getting both ducks in focus. Wonderful background, great light, and great comp.
Well done.

Brendan Dozier
01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Wonderful capture, Mital!