PDA

View Full Version : I Am Way Too Cute

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
I love these cute fluffly little babies. Taken this past summer St pete Fl
Canon 1DMIII 300 MM 2.8 lens w 1.4 x
f18 @1/640 Don't know what happened with that aperature setting?
ISO 320

Sachin Saraf
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Cheryl, Beautiful Image.... Light is apparently harsh and you did well to avoid shadow..You also managed to separate this cute bird from the matching BG nicely...I might selectively sharpen the beak and wish the feet were visible.

Norm Dulak
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
This certainly is a cute little bird. You've captured it nicely, although it is a little surprising that the bird isn't sharper overall at f/18. You might consider removing some of the negative space at the left, and adding more canvass above the bird. I wonder too whether increasing saturation a little might not make the beak and legs more interesting.

gail bisson
01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Cheryl,
What kind of chick is this? I like the little grains of sand in his down. I would like to see a bit more space top and sides.
Gail

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
This certainly is a cute little bird. You've captured it nicely, although it is a little surprising that the bird isn't sharper overall at f/18. You might consider removing some of the negative space at the left, and adding more canvass above the bird. I wonder too whether increasing saturation a little might not make the beak and legs more interesting.

Thanks Norm. As suggested, a new crop more selective sharpening and i did a burn on the tip of the bill.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi Cheryl,
What kind of chick is this? I like the little grains of sand in his down. I would like to see a bit more space top and sides.
Gail

Hi Gail. this is a black skimmer chick

Robert Holguin
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
What a cute little bird. I reall like the repost better, great detail, and I really like the comp.
Well done.

Randy Stout
01-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Cheryl:

Very cute fellow. I like the increased space around the bird in the repost, plays up the tiny chick in big world feel.

Bill still needs a bit more sharpening if possible.

The DOF does seem very shallow for that f/stop, even though you were pretty close.

Cheers

Randy

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Testing my new computer settings

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
again testing my color management

Christopher Ciccone
01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Love the image and enjoying the thread and successive re-posts. I have to admit that the last one is my favorite. I think pulling back a bit has helped the IQ a bit, and having a little more space around the chick helps to relate the tiny size of this ball of fluff. (Looks almost like the bill is so heavy he needs to keep head tilted back or else it'll pull his head down into the sand.)

arash_hazeghi
01-13-2012, 03:54 AM
awee this is very cute, prefer the last repost, it is sharper too!