Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/250"
F16
ISO 200
Canon 430EX: On, Fired
HH
ACR and CS5

Shot indoors in my lightbox. This ladybug was cleaning its leg when I took the shot.

Cropped, curves, removed some flash highlights, contrast, SH, high-pass and smart sharpening. I tried many different crops and found I like this one the best.

Steve Maxson
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Ken. Isn't it nice when your subject does some interesting behavior (other than running away :S3:). Very nice lighting, sharpness, and DOF. You might try blurring some of the texture in the shadow underneath the lady beetle (texture in the surface of the substrate) - a minor point. It looks like this individual has been around the block a few times. :bg3: This is very well done!

bhavya joshi
01-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Nice behaviour.. good to see this lady are comfortable in your studio... :bg3: nice details and sharp.. great macro...

Anita Bower
01-21-2012, 06:58 AM
This one made me smile. :-) I like how you placed the bug in the frame. The bug stands out nicely from the white BG. Agree about smoothing or lightening or something with the shadow to allow it to blend into the white more gradually--but not a big deal. Can the back be made a bit sharper? A creative approach.