Canon 1D MK IV:S3: Santa came!!!
f 4 500mm
f 6.3
SS 1/2000
Manual
Hand held
Crop by 30%
PP in LR3 and NR on BG in CS5 and very minor S &H
The ice and ice clampers are starting to move into the harbour which makes for great eagle shots. This is my first keeper with this camera.
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

gail bisson
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Aaarg.. you guys will think I am an idiot. I forgot to sharpen for web in my excitement to post with my new camera. forgive me...:e3

Doug Brown
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Looking good Gail! Nice DOF and a razor-sharp eye. You might try to get a little more detail in the talons by pulling down the brightness and/or desaturating them a bit. Enjoy the new body!

Sachin Saraf
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats on the new camera Gail...Nice landing pose and shooting angle....love the open wings...But somehow I liked the contrast in original image.

Paul GREENGRASS
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
A fantastic capture Gail and as previously mentioned above sharp to say the least.
I like the composition of the shot also.
Great vision and timing
Regards
Paul.

Brendan Dozier
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Love the pose, and great timing, Gail! Nice sharp details and even light across the whole spread. I remember you mentioning about the eagles there in the winter, looking forward to seeing more. Congrats on new your new toy!

Karl Egressy
01-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Congratulations, Gail. You have the best camera body from Canon, at least right now.
I love this camera.
It focuses when the 7D could no longer focus due to the low lighting condition. I tried it out of necessity and it worked.
About the picture: I lke the original but second "sharpened" one looks much better.:S3:

arash_hazeghi
01-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Great Gail, you certainly deserve the better camera. much better AF, sharpness and low light performance!
The image is perfect, as Doug mentioned you can extract more details in the talons (they appear a bit hot)

Congrats

gail bisson
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Fixed the talons by reducing the brightness. Thanks for all your positive comments. I have to say that I am missing the reach of the 7D. I haven't had a chance to use the camera in low light or high ISO situations but I cannot wait!

Grace Scalzo
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Congrats, Gail, on both the new camera and on this keeper. Repost looks super and I look forward to more of your work with it. Did you get rid of the 7D? I wish I had both, for the reason you note.

gail bisson
01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats, Gail, on both the new camera and on this keeper. Repost looks super and I look forward to more of your work with it. Did you get rid of the 7D? I wish I had both, for the reason you note.
No, I am keeping the 7D for bright days and low ISO conditions and times when I need more reach as you said. My main issue with the 7D was the noise (even when shooting to the right++) Daniel seems to have the magic touch and skill with the 7D that I never seemed to really master,
Gail

Melissa Groo
01-10-2012, 05:50 PM
YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS, Gail!! Santa delivered! You will be amazed at the capabilities of this camera. Starting with this, wowsa! Gorgeous image! What a beautiful and dramatic pose. Nice job! Can't wait to see more!

Melissa Groo
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Gail, what was your ISO on this?

stuart wanuck
01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
nicely done gail

gail bisson
01-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Gail, what was your ISO on this?
ISO 400

dankearl
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
The second repost looks very nice Gail.
I think camera's take a while to really get them figured out.
Expecting even better photo's from you now!

Doug Brown
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Did you get rid of the 7D? I wish I had both, for the reason you note.

I have both bodies Grace, and in all honesty I don't remember the last time my 7D saw the light of day.

<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

Mital Patel
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Congrats Gail. i still loved the way the feathers giving feel on your OP actually.
And yes opening up the shads will def. give a boost IMO

Stu Bowie
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Gail, once again congrats on your new toy, and what an image to share with us. Excellent exposure on the eagle which in turn has brought out good detail. Good wingspread, sharp in your repost, and your overall comp works well. Your final repost with the feet touched up finishes this off nicely.

v.p.nurdeen
01-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Hi Gail,
Congratulation on the new camera. beautiful pose good exposure.
VPN

Don Nelson
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Congrats on New Body and excellent reposted image. Reprocessing did wonders for the feet.
I'm in the same camp as Doug -- I have both and the 7D doesn't get used at all. I am betting you will find this true as well.
Best regards
Don

Josh Clark
01-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Great image Gail and congrats on the new camera body. The juvy looks as though he is ice skating.