Canon 7D 100-400mm
F8 1/1600 ISO 640
PS:Baited

Don Lacy
01-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Great interaction captured here Sid

Tom Redd
01-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Good eye contact on both birds, sharp as always, good poses and interaction. Excellent shot.

arash_hazeghi
01-10-2012, 01:06 AM
not one but two and they are both sharp! lovely Sid!I like the element of interaction between the birds!

Jonathan Ashton
01-10-2012, 04:25 AM
What a beauty superb action and excellent detail, focus looks perfect. I appreciate it was bright and the image is not over exposed but I often wonder when seeing bright images if there would be even more apparent detail if the image was just a little less bright - for example the areas around the bill, the legs and the base of the tail on the bird to the right. I suspect just a little less brightness in these areas would enhance an already terrific image.

Robert Holguin
01-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Wow!!! Excellent image. Great landing poses on both birds, excellent head angles, and great detail.
Well done.

stuart wanuck
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
As always. A fine image always one to
emulate!

Craig Kerr
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Superb interaction between these two !! Excellent exposure and a great composition :S3:

Kiran Poonacha
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Loved it Sid, great moment captured with some nice light...:cheers:

gail bisson
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Wow Sid,
You got two for one. Excellent interaction and composition. Both birds are tack sharp and excellent HA. I find the beak of the left hand bird a bit washed out but I have no idea how you would do that. Perhaps selectively increase pink saturation of beak?
gail

Sid Garige
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
What a beauty superb action and excellent detail, focus looks perfect. I appreciate it was bright and the image is not over exposed but I often wonder when seeing bright images if there would be even more apparent detail if the image was just a little less bright - for example the areas around the bill, the legs and the base of the tail on the bird to the right. I suspect just a little less brightness in these areas would enhance an already terrific image.

Jonathan,

interesting question. You are right about pulling more details in the bright areas by selectively reducing the brightness and pulling more details. For me light set a certain tone and I went along with that. I guess I am little lazy :t3:t3

Practically there is no end to what we can do with an image during post processing. Some goes to an extent of fixing each and every detail that is possible and some dont. Personal preference I guess.

Sid Garige
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I find the beak of the left hand bird a bit washed out but I have no idea how you would do that.

Gail,

I heard when they get exited their beaks and legs turn blue. I witnessed it over there. The one on the left just had a little fight with vulture residing down stairs.

-Sid

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Really cool Sid. Would love to have this one.