PDA

View Full Version : House overlooking ocean - full moon

allanrube
01-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I took this 2 shot hdr image (Photomatix) a month ago. I did take 4 or 5 shots but picked two to work with. I did not want to get too much blur on the moon. Looking at it now I wonder if I should have removed the flag pole.

D3X with 24-120 f/4 vr lens at 102 mm - 2 shots (1 sec and 4 seconds) f/2.8 iso 100

Morkel Erasmus
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Almost has a "haunted house" feel, Allan :w3.
I like the layered approach. I do notice a slight halo along the edge of the land/house where it meets the sky, more pronounced to the RHS near the bench...

Robert Amoruso
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Allan,

I have never been keen on over-exposed moons so I would have preferred just the main house, rocky cliff and water in the night sky, the house has a nice glow in the windows. Looks like it might need a CW rotation (see vertical edge of house on right)

allanrube
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Allan,

I have never been keen on over-exposed moons so I would have preferred just the main house, rocky cliff and water in the night sky, the house has a nice glow in the windows. Looks like it might need a CW rotation (see vertical edge of house on right)

I think the moon helps to bring out the clouds...

Rotation was hard. I did rotate it but there are so many vertical lines which seem to be at different angles.

allanrube
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
a slight halo along the edge of the land/house where it meets the sky, more pronounced to the RHS near the bench...

I know what you mean. I worked hard on that area but could not get it top look right.

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Very nice mood. I don't mind the overexposed moon because it contributes to that. You could have exposed specifically for the moon and paste it in if you are alright with that kind of imag manipulation.
Too bad about those halos, they really distract from the rest. Maybe some careful painting/cloning?

allanrube
01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I know what you mean Jerry. Yesterday, I took one raw image and worked with it instead of trying for an hdr (since I do not have a frame with the moon exposed correctly anyway.) I still had trouble with halos when I darkened the sky. :(

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Good job! I would have kept the right hand side because of the position of the moon, and the nice clouds that add interest to the image.

Bob Miller
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Allan...i think you did a fine job with this image. The flagpole does not bother me ....either does the moon....I wonder if the halos are some light from a faraway city etc.

allanrube
01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Jerry, I did make another one keeping right side but never posted it.

allanrube
01-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Allan...i think you did a fine job with this image. The flagpole does not bother me ....either does the moon....I wonder if the halos are some light from a faraway city etc.

??? I am not sure. Could be headlights from an approaching car.