PDA

View Full Version : Cyclamen Detail

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.
This detail of a Cyclamen flower was captured as follows: Stack of 3 images; Camera Nikon D90; Mode Aperture Priority f/32; Shutter Speed of 15.0 sec; ISO 100; no flash; FL 60.mm. PP Photoshop CS5; alined images, blended images, adjust curves, color adjustments with Nik Software Viveza and Sharpening.

Steve Maxson
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi Mirenchu. This is an interesting looking flower and you achieved a lot of DOF with your stacking and use of f/32. Because you are stacking, you might try experimenting with lower f/stops (less diffraction) to see if you can get greater sharpness along with the expanded DOF - just something to try next time out. I like the diagonal comp of the flower and the natural lighting is nice overall, but the very bright petal edge in the upper part of the frame is really drawing my eye - if you can tone that down in CS5 or Viveza it will take your image up a couple notches. :S3:

Anita Bower
01-21-2012, 07:01 AM
I've never seen this particular view of a Cyclamen. Most creative! I like the interesting shapes and lines. I agree with Steve about that light-colored petal--maybe giving it some color? Were the 3 images focused on different parts of the flower? The composition is most pleasing with the lines leading diagonally down to the corner where it all comes together.