PDA

View Full Version : Early Morn

Lance Peters
04-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Shot on a hassellblad XPAN 35mm camera with 45 mm lens on Kodak 400ISO film.

I have the exposure details recorded in a diary somewhere.

Once again the river on which I live can be the most beautiful place.

lance

Robert Amoruso
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Lance,

You are certainly right about it being beautiful. I like the balance between the brigth left side and the dark right side.

Lance Peters
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
thanks robert

Bob Ettinger
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
It sure is pretty and the contrast between the light and dark balance perfectly

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Very nicely done Lance,
Colors blend in very well. Beautifull image...:)

Roman Kurywczak
04-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Lance,
overall I like it.........but I'm going to go against the crowd........I would like to see a little more light in the FG........as it may set the structure on the left out a little more and give a little more detail on the tree reflection in the RH side. If you try it..........repost here so we can compare,
Roman

David Kennedy
04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Lance,
Did you do a little burning work on this image? It seems like there's an "oval of interest" and I wasn't certain that was natural. I'm not sure that I agree with Roman regarding the foreground structure, but I definitely agree that including more of the reflection of the trees in the right hand side of the image would add to the image. If those details were "burned" away, would it be possible to see a version of the image without those adjustments?

Lance Peters
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi David

NO adjustmenst at all to this image - it is exactly as it was from the 35mm film. Was scanned on a drum scanner and that is all. What you see is exactly what came out of the camera.
The oval of intrest may have been a result of the filter that the XPAN uses on the 45mm lens possibly.

lance

David Kennedy
04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Lance,
After letting this one percolate in my head for a day, I really like the dramatic effect--that "oval of interest"--in this instance. I am concerned that all of your images could possibly be affected this way by the lens/filter system and I think it would be worth investigating if the Xpan is consistent in exposing images with dark corners.

Lance Peters
04-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi David - no thats not the case with the xpan - le that the light think it was just a combination of how and the intensity and the angle that the light was hitting the lens.

Sold the Xpan to finance Zoom len's.

Lance

Simon Bennett
04-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Lovely image Lance.