PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Crab.

bhavya joshi
01-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi.. .everyone.
Tiny Crab spider.. was shot yesterday.. seating and waiting for bugs to comes near in red Rose flower.
With canon 550D, 100mm macro
F: 6.3
ISO:400
SS: 200s
http://www.photographycorner.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=87055&d=1325916648

Steve Maxson
01-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Joshi. What an interesting face this spider has with some of its eyes on little knobs! Excellent sharpness on the head, the spider is giving you a nice pose, and I like all the dramatic red surrounding it. You might tone down or remove the bright spectral highlight near the base of the left foreleg as it is drawing my eye. This is a very nice image, as presented, but if you could have taken it at f/16 I think it would be over the top! :S3:

Ken Childs
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Joshi, this is a very different and cool looking crab spider. I've not seen anything like it here in North America. The pose and perch look great and I like the red BG although you might consider desaturating the reds just a bit. If this were mine, I'd remove the hair on the legs in the LR part and being that I like tight crops, I'd go in tighter. Cropping enough from the right to remove most of the yellow, some from the left to just to the left of the 'I' in your signature and a small slice from the top would be just about right IMHO. Overall this one looks great!