PDA

View Full Version : Photographing high contrast birds, buffleheads specifically

Karen Melody
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Any advice on this? Metering on the white areas dulls the otherwise iridescent dark areas (and background), and metering on the dark areas blows out the white. The iridescence does not show unless the bird is in sunlight, worsening the white area blow-out problem.
What time of day has been good for other photographers? What lighting situation - light shade, full sun? I do want to pick up the colors in the iridescence. Does anyone else have a problem with blur between the white breast and the background?

Randy Stout
01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Karen:

Welcome to BPN. Good questions, but your image isn't showing up. As a forum participant, vs a member, you have to link your image from another site, such as Flickr or a website. There is an instructional article at the top of the avian posting forum about how to do the link.

If you can't get it to work, be sure to send a private message to one of the moderators who is online and they can help you!

Look forward to helping with the questions!

Randy

Karen Melody
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks Randy - I wish the instructions for the site were as clear as your reply. I did ultimately post a photo and receive some useful comments.
Karen Melody