01-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Focal Length 150 mm
Shutter Speed 1/200 sec.
Aperture 7.1
ISO/Film 640

Ravi Hirekatur
01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Very nice image, sharp and crisp. I like the diagonal composition and the OOF background. The ant is well placed. A white spot on the right upper corner on the blade of grass is pulls my attention away.

Brendon Cremer
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks very much Ravi, much appreciated:w3

bhavya joshi
01-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Nice Shot Brendon, I like the diagonal comp too. nice details and Clean BG. Too good macro..

Ken Childs
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey Brendon, you did a great job with this tiny subject! A very nice diagonal with an interesting BG. Cloning out the imperfections on the stem will definitely help keep them from pulling the viewer's eye away from the ant. The most important features are nice and sharp but if you had been able to get enough DOF to get the center leg and the antennae in focus, this would have been over the top. Nice work! :S3:

Steve Maxson
01-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Brendon. You captured a nice pose (it's interesting to see an ant with its wings still attached), the diagonal comp is a plus, and you have a good background. Good sharpness within your DOF. Did you use a flash for this? - your specs don't say so, but the image has a bit of a "flashed" look. You might clone the specular highlights on the ant's abdomen and some of those on the stem. You might also try some nr on the background to smooth it out a little. :S3: I hope to see more of your macro work.