PDA

View Full Version : Northern Hawk Owl

Christopher Ciccone
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Happy New Year All!

I started this year with an encounter with a owl we don't typically get here in New England. I have a number of images of this individual, but this one seems to have the strongest impact to me. I have done some retouching work to remove or tone down some OOF branches that made the original feel a bit too cluttered. I left the one on the right because it didn't bother me too much - any other or opposing opinions on this? And of course, any other thoughts, comments, and constructive critiques are most welcome!!

Canon 1dMkiv, 700mm (500+1.4tc) 1/1600s, f/8, iso400

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey Chris. Love the pose and I think you just made getting away with the steep angle. I only wish to not have the oof branches. I think you could get away with avertical and either keep or remove them.

Sachin Saraf
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
What a beautiful capture...I would get rid of the one on extreme right...What location? It would be worth a trip to see this bird.

Christopher Ciccone
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the comments/advice!

Cheryl - I think I will try a vertical crop and see how it looks with and without the OOF branches.
Sachin - The bird was in an unmarked lot in a new development near Bangor, Maine (about 4 hrs north of Boston)

christopher galeski
01-05-2012, 07:22 AM
nice shot,I would clone out the oof branches and try a vertical,but still a nice image of a beautiful owl.thanks.