PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Box Image of the Week Dennis Bishop for week ending Nov. 4th, 2011 - Allaire Village Enameling Furnace -- the way it was

Daniel Cadieux
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Congratulations Dennis!!!

Two things drew me to Allaire Village in eastern New Jersey. The first was some of Denise's images. Then, I learned that it was a restored early 19th century site for the production of iron. Metallurgical engineering is the thing that interfered with my photography and digital imaging for a lot of years, so I just had to see it for myself.

This image, taken in early June, is being posted mainly as a precursor to the next one, which will show up tomorrow. It'll be an autumn version conjured up in Photoshop.

9 exposure HDR
late afternoon
ISO 1000 (because of the breeze, small aperture, and nine exposures), f/22, 19mm

Topaz Simplify BuzSim with reduced saturation
Snap Art Stylize for a bit of detail along some of the edges (better than the edges I could get with Simplify, and has become my go-to for edge detail)
Flypaper Textures texture to replace a blah sky
Photoshop warming filter, levels, curves, and a uniform gradient vignette around the entire image

Harshad Barve
01-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Congratulations Dennis!!!

denise ippolito
01-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Beautifully done Dennis. I've shot there so I know the obstacles. Congratulations!:S3: Well deserved.

Maureen Allen
01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Congratulations, Dennis!

Brendan Dozier
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Way to go, Dennis, well deserved!