PDA

View Full Version : Early morning

Jay Sheinfield
01-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Another image from last weekends shoot at the Wildlife refuge.

Started with a light application of Simplify/BZ, then another light layer of Topaz Adjust Detailed. I added two layers of texture which seem to have a nice effect on the fog and soft light. Finally, border lighting to enhance the feeling of light and fog. Appreciate your comments....................

denise ippolito
01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I like it Jay, It has just the right amount of FG interest to me.:S3: Texture looks beautiful and the comp with the lone tree is nice.

Steven Kersting
01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
very nice painterly effect.

Nancy Bell
01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Awesome! I really like how the tree rises out of the fog and is backed by subtle bands of color. Very moody and a great touch with the effects.

Mitch Carucci
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
The effect you achieved here is real nice. A great one for the wall!

Andrew McLachlan
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Jay this is superb! I love everything about it. You found the perfect tree too! :S3:

Mark Fuge
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Very nice image and application, Jay.

Like the effect and the colors. :c3:

Christopher Miller
01-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Love the effect here, Jay, especially on the tree! Very nice colors and texture work. I love the fog and moody feel. Well done!

Jay Sheinfield
01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone..................:S3:

Anita Bower
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I like the tree rising out of the fog, the grasses in the foreground, the water--the whole scene is a nice composition. The colors work well for a foggy image, giving it a look of early morning. I wish the area in the middle were more subtle--in color and opacity--that the transition from the grasses at the bottom to the gorgeous sky above were more gradual, without the heavyness of the blue. Especially great effects in the grasses and tree branches!

Jay Sheinfield
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I like the tree rising out of the fog, the grasses in the foreground, the water--the whole scene is a nice composition. The colors work well for a foggy image, giving it a look of early morning. I wish the area in the middle were more subtle--in color and opacity--that the transition from the grasses at the bottom to the gorgeous sky above were more gradual, without the heavyness of the blue. Especially great effects in the grasses and tree branches!

Hi Anita, Good feedback. I hadn't considered it, but I'll give it a try......Thanks:S3:

Kerry Perkins
01-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Beauty Jay! I love the layers of color and texture, and the tree is wonderful compositional element - protecting the little ducks and casting its shadow on the foreground. Nicely done!