PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch

Jonathan Ashton
01-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS tripod head ISO 400 -0.3 1/800 sec f6.3
Shot taken from a garden hide sunflower seeds used as bait.
I lowered the highlights a little using an overlay mask and I brightened the area between the bill and the eye a little. Also lowered the highlights onthe lichens. Just a small amount of selective sharpening used on the bird. Recent posts suggest my colours have been a little cold. On this one I used the white dropper tool and checked the colours, perhaps still a little cool, then I used the daylight setting, maybe a little warm, then I opted for somewhere between the two.
All C & C welcome.

Mital Patel
01-03-2012, 07:52 AM
jonathan this is a beautiful capture. superb colors and same range of tones on bg makes it for me.

i might consider giving it a bit more contrast

Stu Bowie
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Jon, these guys certainly have a range of colours on them, and he has posed nicely for you in this. The WB looks fine to me, and I do like your BG too.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Beautiful bird with great light and colors. I would like to see less of the oof perch maybe cropped to the little vertical branch left side

Bill Dix
01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Beautiful colors on bird and BG, and I love the perch. Just wish the bottom bit of lichen weren't cut off, but I like the position of the bird in the frame, so probably wouldn't change it. Nicely exposed and the WB looks good as you have posted it.

EzhilSuresh
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice one Jonathan. I like the pose and the colours.

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Johnathan, I liked this a lot. the head turn is perfect as it let the light hit the face nicely. colors, BG and IQ look very good. I might try increasing the midtones a bit. WB looks right to me.

Jonathan Ashton
01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks to everyone for their C&C, as always it is very much appreciated and sought.

Blake Cook
01-05-2012, 12:35 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Very nicely done with a tough light angle.