PDA

View Full Version : I'll take luck any time :-)

Bob Blanchard
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
This image also from the SWFL IPT. I had been set up on my 40D for something else, and had just mounted the 70-200 f/2.8 on it to capture this scene of the mud flats with the thunderstorm over them. As these spoonbills were flying by, I just flipped the camera on and hoped for the best. I actually kinda like this one, but I think a bit off the top and right will help the crop. The exposure comp was unintentional. The full size looks a lot better, and I think the birds in the position they are in add to this. What do you all think?

Canon 40D, 70-200 f/2.8L at 70mm, f/2.8, 1/8000, -2 EV (mistake), ISO 200, handheld. Uncropped.

http://CatcherofLight.smugmug.com/photos/276424210_bNta3-X3.jpg

Maxis Gamez
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi Bob,

I don't know but this could be more like a landscape because the birds are a very little factor to the image. I'm sure Axel will make a decision.

Alfred Forns
04-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Bob I like the idea behind the image Do agree with you regarding the crop Such a large dark mass is not helping up top

I like the mood and that you got the spoons in the dark area As presented would need lots of local density changes to make it work B&W is all about contrast Not in my home computer but would be interesting to see how much it could be changed !!!

Maxis this is about the birds so it can stay but do see your point clearly !!!!

Bob Blanchard
04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys,

I actually went back and fourth as to where it should be posted as well, and have no issues if it needs to move. I chose this one because of the birds, but have many without.

Al - This is still in color! I have not converted it yet. The weather was just that ugly. I'm going to play with it a bit for fun, and repost my efforts here. I'll convert it to B/W as well.

I also like the mood.

Jim Poor
04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I might actually try to bring out the pinks in the birds even more.