PDA

View Full Version : San Millan

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-03-2012, 01:04 AM
While visiting "La Rioja" in Spain. We stopped at San Millan where I took this picture. The ISO was too high (3200), and since I got a lot of noise I decided to include some textures and bi-color filters on it.
Camera Nikon D90; 1/500 sec; f/11; ISO 3200; Focal Lenght 18.mm. PP In Photoshop CS5, a couple of textures from Flickr, bi-color (Cold & Warm) filters from Nik Software and selective sharpening.
Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

denise ippolito
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Mirenchu, I like the intimate look that the textures help create for the scene. Nice job on the comp. The one clump of yellow leaves for some reason keep catching my eye- maybe because they are on the edge of the frame. Nice job with the mixed light and the framing. You have a very artistic touch to all of your images.:S3:

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you Denise for your comments. I tried to fix the clump of leaves... I lower the intensity of the leaves' color and then draw on top of them some branches, then applied maximum filter. This is the result:

denise ippolito
01-03-2012, 11:26 AM
It looks great Mirenchu!

Jay Sheinfield
01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Nice composition. I really like the framing of the wall and and the tree branches. Inviting warm colors. If it were mine I would lighten up the URC, but that is a matter of personal taste. Well done.

Andrew McLachlan
01-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Nice repost Mirenchu! Very nicely processed. I like the details in the block wall.

Christopher Miller
01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Lovely image, Mirenchu. I like the details and composition. The lighting and textures add a nice mood to the image. Well done!

Anita Bower
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I like this composition very much. The stone wall leads my eye into the image, and then the buildings bring my eye around to the beginning. The tree against the buildings is a nice touch, adding some softness to the stone. Lovely tones. Good work in lighening the top leaves. Nice use of textures.

Dennis Bishop
01-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I like the texture, the mood, the lighting, the framing by the tree, and the great diagonal. I like the darkness on the right because it helps to keep the viewers eyes in the image and provide contrast with the lighter left side. And -- as nearly everyone else has mentioned, so far -- the composition is wonderful. The entire image is very close to a golden rectangle, which is a good thing. The yellow lines I've superimposed on it are the divine proportion lines, and they show why the composition is so appealing. Not only the physical elements, but the lighting, are defined by divine proportion rectangles. This is really quite extraordinary.