PDA

View Full Version : bee

kamran shahin
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.pic.iran-forum.ir/images/8eamec1pzftrbl2b7ykk.jpgcanon 7d +tamron 90mm macro.

Jerry van Dijk
01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Kamran, very interesting bee! Please be sure to include the shooting specs and post processing information to facilitate commenting and learning.
The bee looks a little soft. Seems your point of focus was slightly in front of it. Maybe some selective sharpening would enhance the image.

Ken Childs
01-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi Kamran, this is definitely a cool looking bug and the pose you captured looks great! The first thing that jumps out at me is that this looks overexposed but not so badly that lowering the exposure of the raw file in ACR won't fix it. More DOF would have been good and you should have easily been able to get that by going from f/8 to f/13 or even f/16. This was shot at 1/1000 and flash and was overexposed so even at f/16, you should have been able to get a fast enough shutter speed for a good hand held shot. I don't know much was cropped away but if you don't have more canvas available to add on the right, I would crop some from the left. I agree with Jerry that this could use some more sharpening. I feel you have a good base image and with a little extra post processing work, you can make this one into a real winner! :S3:

As Jerry mentioned, please be sure to include your camera settings. I was able to get this info from the exif data but it makes it easier for everyone if it is included as part of your post.

Steve Maxson
01-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi Kamran. You have some good suggestions above from Jerry and Ken which will make this cool image even better. What I like about the image is the biology - it shows how this flower is adapted to be pollinated by these bees. As the bee is feeding on nectar, the stamens are brushing against its back and leaving pollen grains there. As the bee enters (or leaves) the next flower, its back is likely to brush against the pistol at the top of the flower - thereby transferring pollen and resulting in fertilization. :S3: