Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 400mm
Av mode
1/200"
F14
ISO 400
HH
ACR and CS5

My original edit had this as a vertical because I wanted all of the long blue 'path' but after looking at it again today, I decided to go with a horizontal crop. Jules you might recognize this from the 'journey across the pond' series I posted on FB. :S3:

Minor CW rotation, cropped, surface blur on water, SH on leaf, increased saturation with a velvia action with a little extra on the blues, contrast, high-pass sharpening on everything and smart sharpening on leaf only, thin and light vignette.

Julie Kenward
01-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I do recognize it, Ken! I like that you went horizontal with it...but I know how tempting it is to get those long vertical ribbons of color in the image. I love the sharpness of the leaf and you managed to capture just the right movement to the water - it's got real definition on the waves but still has the motion aspect to it.

My one suggestion would be to take a tiny slice off the bottom to get rid of the partial green wave on the left side OR darken the green so the eye isn't pulled to the edge of the frame.

I do believe you and I could do an entire book on leaves as they skim across water. :w3

Steve Maxson
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Ken. I love the colors and patterns in the water! (I have some images with water like this, but with a duck instead of a leaf.:S3:) Excellent sharpness on the leaf and the blue streak is very dramatic. OK, I'm waiting for your and Jules' book! :bg3:

(This may be a dumb question, but what is FB?)

Ken Childs
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
(This may be a dumb question, but what is FB?)
FB = Facebook. :S3:

Steve Maxson
01-04-2012, 03:36 PM
FB = Facebook. :S3: Yup, it was a dumb question! :t3

Ravi Hirekatur
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Beautiful image with very simple subject that would be easy to ignore when you look it at. I like the horizontal clip better. The horizontal pattens in water goes well with the horizontal clip. The leaf is very sharp.

Adrian David
01-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Gorgeous colors on the wavy water...and the leaf with the reflection is the "cherry on the cake":S3: