PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill takeoff - I'm back!

Kerry Perkins
01-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Hello everyone and a happy new year to you all. I am glad to be back after two very successful cataract surgeries. My vision is nothing short of spectacular now and I no longer need glasses for distance vision - the first time in 60 years! :eek3:

My trip to Bosque was fantastic this year and I enjoyed shooting with Doug Brown, Jim Neiger, and a few other BPNers including Ian Cassell and of course Artie.

You may have noticed a change in my status today. I don't want to jump the gun on the announcement, but James will be posting the details of my changing role at BPN. Sadly, I will not be moderating in OOTB any longer, but rest assured that I will still be posting here as often as I can!

This one was captured in the freezing (22 degrees!) dawn of Bosque as the sun was just clearing the mountains to the east. I used the new Topaz Adjust 5 to add a bit of softness to the image. Hope you like! So glad to be back!!! :wave:

Dennis Bishop
01-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Putting the most important things first, it's great to have you back. I'm glad the cataract surgery was successful.

Wonderful image. It's great that you got the splash of water off the crane's feet, and the background color echoes the colors of the crane so well. Nicely composed, too, with the crane taking off from the far left. And you got a great perspective.

Cheryl Slechta
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Kerry, the lighting is beautiful as is the whole image. Happy New Year:S3:

Judy Howle
01-01-2012, 03:30 PM
The composition and colors are spectacular Kerry!

Welcome back! I wondered why you hadn't been around lately and I'm glad the surgery was successful. I am facing that myself but not right away although my vision has suffered already.

Brendan Dozier
01-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Welcome back, Kerry, and Happy New Year! Great news about your vision, what a great way to start the new year. Beautiful light, color, and takeoff pose. Good contrast between bird and BG, and splash is nice touch. Sorry to hear you leaving as OOTB moderator, but looking forward to you still posting here.

denise ippolito
01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Kerry, You have been missed and I am so glad you are back and your surgeries went well! Congratulations and lots of love to you for the New Year and for your new role here on BPN. We are all so proud of you.:S3:

PS- Killer image, sweet light nice pose and worth the cold feet and fingers!!

Nancy Bell
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
You have been greatly missed and I'm glad you are back with the "new & improved" version :S3:.

This is a lovely crane image, catching the crane just a sheer moment before take-off and gorgeous bkgd color!

Gina Hallgren
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Kerry;

Nice to see you back, always a pleasure. Happy the cataract surgey went well. My first was 21 years ago, and I went from legally blind in one eye to seeing great with both eyes. Have had surgery on lifting eyelids a couple of years ago, dry eye, and after hitting my 88th year I now leave the driving to Gina (Whoops, just realized this is Gina typing as I was checking her ID & PW}

Love your presentation, you haven't lost your touch, and your ex neighbour from Northridge days (Big Earthquake) is delighted to see your work again.

Thanks for sharing.

Gus

Kerry Perkins
01-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate your feedback and comments. Looking forward to a wonderful 2012 and lots of creativity being displayed here.

Gus, that was quite a shaker wasn't it? :eek3: I live six miles from the epicenter. :bugeyed:

Paul Lagasi
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Welcome back old friend..glad all is well

Mitch Carucci
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Great photo to celebrate your return!

Andrew McLachlan
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Great to have you back Kerry and with such a wonderful photo too! Lovely capture!:S3:

Christopher Miller
01-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Great to have you back, Kerry! :S3: Stunning image! The pose and lighting are awesome.