PDA

View Full Version : Cambodia

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

This image was captured on Cambodia in Feb 2011 with: Nikon D90; 1/250 sec; AP; f/8; ISO 400/ 18.0mm; Lens Nikkor 18-200mm. PP in Photoshop CS5, levels adjustments; Nik Software: Color Efec Pro applied Tonal Contrast and bi-color filter: Cool/Warm and in CS5 final selective sharpening.

Hazel Grant
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Looks hi def. Interesting textures and shades. At first I thought it was shadows, but then realized it is coloration of stone, etc. The tower gives a focal point and the walls lead from that in a nice angle to balance. Good shot. That huge tree behind the tower does bother me, though. I think if you cropped a bit there you'd have a green backdrop for the tower instead of something competing with it.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi Mirenchu,

Sorry for not getting to your image sooner.

I agree with Hazel, has a nice HDR type look (i.e. shadow detail) but does not look surrealistic. Nicely processed. I tried doing some distortion correction in PSCS5 but did not like the results. Architectural photography is always prolematic with wide-angle lens. I normally use a tilt-shift lens to avoid converging lines and other distortions.

I recommend some additional sharpening. I tried it and that made the details POP better.

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions. I'll work on it sometime during this week and I'll re-post. :S3:

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I did have some few minutes and had a chance to fix the image, I cropped and sharpened the image as suggested.
This is the result:

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Nicely done - detail very evident now. Thanks for posting a follow-up.

Morkel Erasmus
01-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I love ancient ruins like this and you captured it well Mirenchu. The HDR feel is nicely handled so that it's still natural-looking. :S3:
Repost is an improvement. Apologies for only commenting now :e3

Rachel Hollander
01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
The repost works well. Is this in Siem Riep? My only nit is that I wonder what we would have seen through the door on the right if you moved a few feet to the left. But maybe leaving us wondering is the whole point.

TFS,
Rachel