PDA

View Full Version : The magic of a drop...

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions!

This image was captured as follows: Camera Nikon D90; f/22; 90mm (60mm lens plus Kenko Tube Extension); +1/3 EV; AP; PP in CS5; levels adjustment and sharpening.

Julie Kenward
01-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Mirenchu, good to see you back again! I love the water drop - nice and crisp and the colors inside it are beautiful. I'm a little less thrilled with the hot yellow areas that feel a bit over exposed and the front area of the flower that has that muddy yellow coloring to it. Did you try any with some additional fill flash? I think that might have evened out these over/under exposed areas a bit better and left your waterdrop in tact.

Very nice composition, though...you positioned it just right to get my eye to go right to the water drop.

Brendan Dozier
01-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Very nicely composed, Mirenchu, reflection in crystal clear drop looks awesome and well placed. Like the curve and diagonal lines and mixed light. Jules makes some good suggestions, and also see an option for doing a vertical crop as well.

Jerry van Dijk
01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Mirenchu, good suggestions already given. You might want to brighten up the darker FG areas with the fill light slider in ACR. I also think the image could use an additional round of sharpening.

Ken Childs
01-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Hey Mirenchu, I agree with the positive comments already given and the PP suggestions all make sense to me. I agree with Jerry that this could use some extra sharpening but if this were mine, I would only do additional sharpening on the drop of water. Brendan's suggestion of a vertical crop is definitely worth exploring!

Steve Maxson
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi Mirenchu. I really like what you are trying to do here and you have already received a lot of useful suggestions. I would agree with additional sharpening of the drop - that should really make it pop - and I also like the idea of a vertical crop which would focus even more of our attention on the drop. You might also clean up the edge on the right upper half of the frame. :S3: A few tweaks and this one will shine!

Mirenchu Fernandez
01-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I cropped and sharpened the image and this is the result:

Ravi Hirekatur
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi Mirenchu,

I like the repost much better. It has a much better, simpler composition with less distracting elements than the OP. The droplet could be a little sharper. I would like to see what other say.