PDA

View Full Version : End of the Day on the Dock

Mark Fuge
12-31-2011, 08:59 AM
This image was taken during the holidays, on a visit with friends to Cedar Key, just up the road from here. It is a new area that we discovered on one of our jaunts to become familiar with our new home. It was the end of the day and the Pelicans were joined by a few Gulls on one of the old piers downtown. It was almost imposible to get a shot of anyone in the air, they just sat there for the time we were waiting. But this was one of the images that caught my eye.

Modifications included; PS4, Fractalius, Topaz Adjust and other normal image processing adjustments.

As I worked the image in Fractalius, it looked like images that a watercolor artist friend of mine creates, so I decided to go with it. A little far out, but that's what this board is about ... Right? :e3 :w3

Enjoy!

Mark Fuge
12-31-2011, 09:01 AM
This is the original of the above, for your enlightenment. No processing beyond RAW and crop.

Hazel Grant
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
A little far out, as you say, but also, as you say, that's what this is for...to learn, to enjoy, to play.....Very interesting piece

denise ippolito
12-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow Mark, I love the processed version so much more-nice job!

Cheryl Slechta
12-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Mark, I love it! (And I love Cedar Key - haven't been in a while but I've got the urge now:S3:)

Jay Sheinfield
01-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Mark, This looks great. Thanks for sharing the original. I agree the processed version is by far cooler. Great deep blue colors and real nice use of filters. I bet it's looks super in a large version. Nice job.

Mark Fuge
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Cheryl let me know when you may be there and maybe we can share a vision or two. I'm definately going back, but still a lot to explore here. :w3