PDA

View Full Version : Mini waterfall near Neath, UK

EzhilSuresh
12-30-2011, 12:51 PM
This was taken after a day of heavy rainfall near Neath (Wales, UK) described as the Waterfall Country. To take this picture, the tripod's centre column was extended and made horizontal to overhang above the flowing river.

Cropped about 15% from the top of the image. Used Canon DPP to convert from RAW to JPEG.

Comments are welcome.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
That is an appealing looking water fall. I like the affect of the shutter speed. You did not post exposure information or equipment used. Both important in help me to critique.

I understand your need to extend the center column but that can lead to IQ issues due to camera motion blurring.

I reposted your image. In it I opened up shadows using PSCS5 Shadow/Highlight adjustment and then sharpened the image. Your OP looks to be under-sharpened. As you did not post technical info, I can only assume that the lack of FG sharpness is due to lack of depth of field.

EzhilSuresh
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Robert,
Many thanks for your feedback and repost. I can see a nice difference in your repost. I think I'd play with the image(s) in post processing and see how they look before presenting.

Original Details:
Canon 7D, Sigma 17-35 2.8-4, ISO 100, f13@4secs, no post-processing except conversion from RAW to JPEG.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks Ezhil for the feedback and shooting details.