PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Footed!

Indranil Sircar
12-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Yesterday, I was out on the beach near Monterey, CA. There wasn't much activity other than a bunch of Western Snowy Plovers and few Long-billed Curlew. Then the fog rolled-in and I switched to TV mode trying out variations of the feeding habit of the Plovers. Here they are running away as the waves came-in and I used a shutter speed of 1/30 sec to capture their escape. Hope you like it...

denise ippolito
12-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Indranil, Love the sense of motion and the panning looks great. I might replace the back birds eye if it were mine. Nice job!:S3:

Dennis Bishop
12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
There's a lot about this that contributes to the great sense of motion. Very nicely done. I wonder if cropping some off the bottom would both add to that feel and enhance the composition. I do like it as it is, now, however.

Nancy Bell
12-30-2011, 01:42 PM
This is a great capture of running plovers! I love the horizontal lines in the rich-colored sand that contrast with the more feature-less foam. It's good that foam did not intersect with a plover head. Those running feet captured in mid-air are perfect for the feeling of action.

Did you pan with the running plovers?

Andrew McLachlan
12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Indranil, killer blur!!! I love it. Agree with Denise on the back bird's eye and with Dennis for a small crop off the bottom. I'd like a little more separation between the birds and the water, but certainly not a deal breaker for this cool capture. Nice work!

Hazel Grant
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
This is a case when blur works! Good job, esp with the feet.

Brendan Dozier
12-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Excellent blur, Indranil, love the sense of motion and nicely composed. Just the right amount of detail on the birds and really like effect of blur on the sand. Well done!

Cheryl Slechta
12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Great pan blur, Indranil. I love the motion of the feet and the curving line of surf. I think I'd like a little off of the bottom as suggested.:S3: