PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Herons

Cheryl Slechta
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I had originally posted this several months ago and reworked it based on some suggestions. I'm finally getting around to posting it and luckily it fits this theme.
I used Nik Color Indian Summer twice at different opacities, then Topaz B&W , used a warming filter, then Nik High Structure and Nik Color Polarization. It gives it a little more room surrounding the birds than the OP and also enhances the feather colors.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions welcome.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't think I saw the previous one, but I sure like this version. It's very well composed with the negative space leading into the image and the curving lines leading the eyes around the frame. The browns and grays work well together. Very nicely done.

Mitch Carucci
12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
elegant pose combined with great processing.

Indranil Sircar
12-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi Cheryl, I remember this one... I really like this composition. Your processing is spot on. Nicely done.

denise ippolito
12-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Cheryl, I really like the way this version came out. I'm not crazy about the vignette but that is just my opinion. Nice to have you back posting and hope all is well.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
12-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Cheryl, I remember this one also. This reworked version turned out lovely. I agree with Denise on the vignette.

Jay Sheinfield
01-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi Cheryl, Classic image. The processing makes this so inviting. The warmth and the high-key vignette work so well well together. Love the complimentary birds poses with the shape of the tree. Elegantly framed and presented. Excellent.