Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 340mm
Av mode
1/160"
F16
ISO 400
HH
ACR and CS5

Cropped, polarizing action to intensify colors, cleaned up debris in water, NR on water, SH on reflection. Contrast, high-pass and smart sharpening on leaf only.

Steve Maxson
12-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Ken. You and Jules are having fun with these leaf-on-water images! Beautiful blues and I like the clean ripples on calm water look. I'm not so sure I like the glowing leaf tip and you might consider brightening the darker tip next to it a little - but both of these comments are subjective and it will be interesting to hear what others chime in. :S3: When I look at the ring of ripples, it appears that the image could stand a little CW rotation. Overall, this is very nicely done!

Julie Kenward
01-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I like Steve's suggestions...I'd also add that the water feels a little light in hue; could darken it up a bit or add more blue to it to really bring it out more.

Jerry van Dijk
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I only looked at the thumbnail while opening your image and actually believed to be opening one of Jules'images! Looks like you've set a trend Jules!
I like the circular ripple in this image very much. It grounds the leaf in the frame. I also like that it partially reflects the color of the leaf. Do agree with Steve that it needs a little rotation. I would add a sliver of canvas on top after rotating. I like the glowing tip, adds a little interest to the leaf. I also like that it's partially submerged.

bhavya joshi
01-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi.. ken nice to see this image from you.. ripple is good here..I like shadow and light in upper most part of leaf.. good one... see more..