PDA

View Full Version : Red Head Duck

Joe Senzatimore
12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Going through last winter's images to see what was here and when , I came across this Red Head which I never processed. I cropped for comp. but might have cropped it too tight. If I re- did it I think I might want a bit more on top?? Interested in your thoughts.

800 ISO f8 at 1/2000th

denise ippolito
12-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Joe, Hope your holidays are great so far! Nice pose and sharpness. It does seem a bit tight top,right and bottom to me. :S3:

Stu Bowie
12-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Joe, good angled wingflap, and I really like the colour of these guys heads. Well exposed, and the droplets add interest. Another vote for more room top, right and bottom.

Randy Stout
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Joe:

+2 on opening the crop as indicated !

Colors in BG play well with birds colors, great full back pose, drop action, exposure.

In a perfect world, would prefer a bit more DOF to cover more of the wing, but with the need to freeze the action, I think you made a good overall compromise on the camera settings.

Cheers

Randy

gail bisson
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Agree with more room as Denise suggested. I love the pose and the droplets and the HA. I find the blue of the water to be almost purple. Is this the actual color? Well done,
Gail

Joe Senzatimore
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Agree with more room as Denise suggested. I love the pose and the droplets and the HA. I find the blue of the water to be almost purple. Is this the actual color? Well done,
Gail

Water is the result of a very bright blue cloudless sky.