PDA

View Full Version : Sunbird,Trivandrum,Kerala

V S Sankar
12-29-2011, 08:24 AM
E:\Canon 400D\2011_12_23

This sunbird comes often to my doorstep and "sways" on the cable wire.I could get him close enough with my 55-250 from half closed door of my house.After a few minutes it left......

Canon400D,55-250IS,ISO400,f5.6,1/250

Regards

Randy Stout
12-29-2011, 01:28 PM
VS:

Your image isn't showing up. The instructions for linking your offsite image to your post are in the following link.

If that doesn't work, let us know! You will probably not be able to edit your original post, but can 'comment' on your original post and add a link for the picture.

Cheers

Randy

V S Sankar
12-29-2011, 11:41 PM
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8606&stc=1&d=1325164476

Sorry I couldn't upload the image properly earlier.

Regards

Randy Stout
12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
VS:

I fixed the link in your second post. It has to start and end with img tags. You had a video tag. :S3:

An alert pose, looks like he is ready to blast off. Colors in the background play well with the birds coloration.

Several things to consider:

The dark band on the far right is rather dominating in the image. Even though it is nice to have some room to look into, I think a modest crop to reduce its impact is worth trying.

Our eyes really want the head and eye of the subject to be sharp, and will except some softness elsewhere. The white rump looks a bit sharper than the head here.

The lighting tends to call our attention to the rump, and not the head. A little fill flash from the pop up flash on the camera would have helped.

What type of post processing work are you doing? It always helps our understanding of the image's creation to know about that.

Welcome to BPN, and look forward to more. This is a great place to learn!

Cheers

Randy

V S Sankar
12-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the comments friends,

Randy as a rule I dont use flash while picturing birds.I dont want them to be scared.

For PP I use Canon Zoombrowzer and/ or Photoshop.

Regards