PDA

View Full Version : American Wigeon (Female)

Robert Holguin
12-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone. While out shooting at our local lake this very friendly lady came over. She got pretty close and let me take a couple of shots. Here is one from that morning. Cropped from the sides only.
C&C welcomed and encouraged.
Camera - Nikon 300s, Lense - Nikon 200-400 w/1.4tc, Exposure - 1/500, Aperture - F8, ISO - 320, Focal Length - 840mm, Metering - Multi Segment, Manual.

Stu Bowie
12-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi Robert, I like the low angle and swimming pose, and what a great HA. The colours of the water in the BG are so complimentary. The droplets adds a nice touch. If this were mine, I would selectively sharp the head and beak a little, and give this a slight CCW rotation.

gail bisson
12-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Great BG colors that match the bird perfectly. Love the low angle. The eye looks a tiny bit soft and I would sharpen it. A very lovely shot,
Gail

Joe Senzatimore
12-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Great "in your face" comp. Fine details and wonderful exposure together with the super low angle put it on top.

denise ippolito
12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Robert, I like the tight comp for this and the HA and pose are lovely. I might add a little Tonal contrast and or sharpening to the head as Stuart suggested. Nice job.:S3:

Mital Patel
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
oh my god. Am i day dreaming or what ?
you people are really really great to have such beautiful places where these birds come in range.

amazing details and great POV. Compo is also superb and so the sharpness.

for me this is wall hanger 20x30

Robert Holguin
12-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Thank you everyone for all the comments, much appreciated.

Stuart - I took a look at the pic again and decided to just add a tad more contrast like Denise suggested. I think it looks better but what do you think...

Stu Bowie
12-30-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi Robert, Ive gone up and down a few times comparing your OP and repost and cant really see any difference. Are you sure you reposted your updated version. :w3

I had a minute and here is what I had in mind.

Sharpened the Wigeon
Ran a very low NR on the BG
Rotated with a slight CCW rotation.