PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Crab Spider - studio - focus stack

Steve Maxson
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
This Crab Spider was very small - the abdomen was only 2 mm wide and the full spread of its front legs was about 8-10 mm. This is a stack of 10 images combined in Zerene Stacker (fortunately, this was a cooperative subject that remained motionless while I took the 10 images). 5D II, MP-E 65 mm, 1/100, f/11, ISO 100, MT24-EX macro twin flash fired downward through a translucent plastic light tent, tripod, RRS focusing rail. I ran NR on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Ken Childs
12-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey Steve, I love this one! I wouldn't normally think of using a spider in a high key shot but it works great with this one. It's nice to see this sharp from front to back and that face is awesome! You appear to be a quick learner when it comes to stacking. :S3:

Julie Kenward
01-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I love the spider but I cannot get over the fact that he'd be positively alien on a black BG even though you'd lose that hovering shadow directly below the center of the spider.

Love the detail in this...and great job on getting him level.

Jerry van Dijk
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Very nice work with this setup again Steve! I would have liked a slightly higher angle to show more of the spiders other legs and abdomen. The lack of legs adds to the feeling it's hovering now.

bhavya joshi
01-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I love this red black eyes... really.. Good details and strach legs I love it.. superb.. macro Steve...:c3: