PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road, Backyard Graveyard

Jay Sheinfield
12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
This image was taken at an intersection of two fairly well traveled country routes. A quaint ranch-style house sat on the front of the property and the back yard, well, was simply a graveyard and a garage. Probably not the best set up for re-sale, but you I just had to smile at the layout.
Including the road and the blur of a car passing by, may have brought this image to life, but it's still kind of interesting. I didn't think of it at the time.:S3:

I wasn't doing HDR at the time, so it needed a bunch of shadow work. I used Simplify for the trees. And a bit of grunge for the scene just for the feel of it. Flux was the main ingredient in the grunge work. Maybe a slice off the bottom, but it's just for snickers:S3:...........Hope you like it.

Indranil Sircar
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Another gorgeous image, Jay. The setting is unique... i wouldn't have imagined a graveyard and garage together! But that's what makes the image so much more compelling. I also like your chosen perspective with the fg tree and sunlight filtering through on the tombstones. The processing is spot on... great use of grunge and simplify!

Gus Hallgren
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Jay;

Love your presentation of time gone by, an a historical event shown beautifully. TFS

Gus

denise ippolito
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Jay, Nice look to this. I like the slight blur to the image. The scene with the headstones is very neat. I love the way the one headstone looks like it's resting against the tree. The colors are appealing and I don't know maybe a slice off the bottom maybe not. Nicely presented.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
12-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Very nicely composed and processed. The perspective gives a nice diagonal from the tops of the trees. The look complements the subject really well. Great job.

Andrew McLachlan
12-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Nice work Jay, I find these small backroad graveyards to be very fascinating places. I could walk around reading the headstones for hours.