PDA

View Full Version : Along The Beach

Don Lacy
12-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Image made at my local beach I knew when I was taking the image I would like it as a BW I will post the color version later to compare.

Morkel Erasmus
12-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Wow Don, though I would love to in fact see the colour version, this monochrome has my attention fully! :Whoa!:
Great tonal range here. I love the overall composition too, with the stoic rocks in the moving water, echoed by the busy clouds in the sky.
:5

Grady Weed
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I love the 3 rocks, the front one positioned so as the 2 in back are following, a triangle look. The other rocks complement the scene as a whole. The light swirling water gives a movement to the image. And the clouds give depth and a vibrant feel to this one. Excellent on all counts here Don. Very nice as a black and white.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Excellent on all accounts Don. Great technique used in this well-seen image.

Andrew McLachlan
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
A little late getting to this one Don, but I agree with the above comments. I love the way the water is flowing around the foreground rocks.

EzhilSuresh
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Wonderful shot. I like the water movement around the rocks.

Rachel Hollander
01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Don - I agree with the above. Well seen and captured. Btw as an alternative, I found from a screen scroll that it also works very well with just the rocks and water without the clouds :S3:.

TFS,
Rachel

Bob Miller
01-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Don.....Had to find the B&w and have a look.....I think I prefer the color image myself....I would like to see the whites in the water brought out perhaps with selective color adjustment. ....but still very very nice :5