PDA

View Full Version : Black-necked Stilt, male

Melvin Grey
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
It was really a privilege to be able to approach and photograph this bird so closely - I don't know anywhere in Europe where this could be done without the use of a hide (blind).

Axel Hildebrandt
04-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Nice soft light and pose. I would sharpen the bird a bit more.

Alfred Forns
04-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi Melvin Agree with Axel and would also suggest an alternate crop The reflection is not really strong so I would do away with it?

If you wish to keep it would lighten just as if you were working on the regular image !!! I like the pose a lot and the direct eye contact is great !!!!

Steve Maxson
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I like the light and the pose. I would keep the reflection. The image needs CCW rotation. If you draw a line from the tip of the bird's beak to the tip of the reflection's beak, it should be vertical.

Melvin Grey
04-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I like the light and the pose. I would keep the reflection. The image needs CCW rotation. If you draw a line from the tip of the bird's beak to the tip of the reflection's beak, it should be vertical.
Thanks for your comments, Steve - interesting point is that I rotated the image slightly CW so that the ripples in the water were parallel to the bottom of the image!
Melvin