PDA

View Full Version : Firsts

Hazel Grant
12-27-2011, 02:04 PM
First snowfall came lastnight (didn't last but a few hours) and my first attempt at using Topaz Simplify. (watercolor and edge adjustments) Our grandson was looking out at the cardinals on our feeder.

denise ippolito
12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Hazel, What a clever idea! Love the silhouette and the framing. The color touches are nice. I might try to sharpen up or remove the very slight halo around your Grandson's shoulder. Nice job!!! Great image to start off the theme!:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
12-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I agree with Denise. Creative idea. You have to wonder what your Grandson was thinking, maybe wishing he could fly:S3:. Nice first use of Simplify. I use it all the time and love it. The framing is nice, it really draws me into to the view of the bird feeder. I did notice the position of the feeder atop your Grandsons head, but it's not a detractor for me in this image. Good eye for this image!

Indranil Sircar
12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Very creative and a wonderful silhouette composition. I like the setting with the slight diagonal perspective and relatively small opening compared to the overall frame. I also like how the dark inside and the snow outside is transitioned through a the blue tinge. Like Jay, I can think of multiple interpretation on this scene. Beautifully done!:S3:

Dennis Bishop
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I really can't think of anything to add to what's already been said, but I wanted to give another thumbs up. It's a very appealing image.

Andrew McLachlan
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Hazel, I too love your creativity with this one. Nice work!