PDA

View Full Version : That Bites

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I love to capture snowys fighting. Got this one bighting his beak fighting over a fish this past September Ft. Desoto beach.
Canon 1DMIII 300 mm 2.8L IS lens w1.4x I would have lioke more view of the one eye but happy with what i did get.
HH cropped to about 60%of original

C&C always Thanks

Troy Lim
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Great interaction...love it

Stu Bowie
12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Cheryl, Im sure the egret on the receiving end cant actually feel anything with the other beak clamped on his beak. Both well exposed, and their yellow feet really stand out against the whites. I like the inflight flighting postures, and very well timed to have captured this.

gail bisson
12-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Terrific action shot. I have no nits at all. Great exposure and action and the perfect view of beak #1 biting beak #2 is priceless.
Gail

arash_hazeghi
12-27-2011, 03:16 PM
great action Cheryl! you got the moment!

Grace Scalzo
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Perfect! Love the action. Your exposure looks right on. What were your shooting specs?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Perfect! Love the action. Your exposure looks right on. What were your shooting specs?

Thanks everybody Thanks Grace OOps missed the specs
ISO 400
1/2000 at f/8
+1/3 EV
Aperture priority

Daniel Cadieux
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Perfect moment captured!! Great job with the techs, comp looks good. I would eliminate what looks like a dust spot above-right of your watermark.

I know this is a different image, but are these the same two fighting birds you posted a while ago?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Perfect moment captured!! Great job with the techs, comp looks good. I would eliminate what looks like a dust spot above-right of your watermark.

I know this is a different image, but are these the same two fighting birds you posted a while ago?

Very observant Daniel on both points! Yes it is the same pair. Thanks for the comments

dankearl
12-27-2011, 07:43 PM
You really have the exposure down on these guys!
A lot of detail in the whites, very nice job.

Ofer Levy
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Fantastic action and behaviour shot! Position of the heads looks fine to me. If anything maybe a bit more room on the sides.

Chris Martinez
12-28-2011, 06:20 AM
This is way cool, Cheryl!!! Love the strong exhibit of yellow-white-black. Makes for a strong image..... along with the awesome behaviour :w3
I also find the differing body language of the two birds super. The attacker's clenched feet, strong wing stroke and of course the biting of the bill compared with the stretched feet, and the "bugger I've been done" look of the attacked. A little bit of anthropomorphising there, as I do with all the photos I look at :e3

For my personal tastes, the right wing of the attacker is just a touch too close to the edge of frame.

A little bit of inspiration for me before I go to sleep....

Jonathan Ashton
12-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Great timing exposure and details. The tight crop works for me, love the action caught, a great shot in my opinion.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-28-2011, 09:23 AM
This is way cool, Cheryl!!! Love the strong exhibit of yellow-white-black. Makes for a strong image..... along with the awesome behaviour :w3
I also find the differing body language of the two birds super. The attacker's clenched feet, strong wing stroke and of course the biting of the bill compared with the stretched feet, and the "bugger I've been done" look of the attacked. A little bit of anthropomorphising there, as I do with all the photos I look at :e3

For my personal tastes, the right wing of the attacker is just a touch too close to the edge of frame.

A little bit of inspiration for me before I go to sleep....

I hope I did not give you nightmares of attacking birds . LOL I found your "anthropomorphising" ( had to copy and paste that one) very interesting and even made me smile. I am sort of agreeing with you on that right wing as well I think I may need to add just a touch pf space there... Not sure yet:e3

Geir Jensen
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
A great action images . Very well done:5