View Full Version : Stone-Curlew.

Haim Ziv
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
D2h 500mm f/4 1/250 WH FF.
One from my archive. Evening time.

Thank you for looking.

Gyorgy Szimuly
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Beautiful image. Love this bird. Not sure about the dry thick in front of the bird.
The details on the bird is very nice.

Szimi

Gus Cobos
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Haim, welcome to BPN...:)
I like your image. The details on the bird are sharp and very colorfull, good eye contact, but two things that take away from your composition are as follows: the dead weed to the left of the bird in the foreground needs to be cloned out, and the two blured lines in the background that kind of slices the bird in half...:eek:

Jim Poor
04-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Well done. The shape of the eye is intriguing, it has an almost human shape to the socket compared to the usual.
I might work on the oof diagonal blade of grass coming out of the top of the beak, but that's being pretty picky.

Steve Wheeler
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Amazing looking bird... Agree w/ Jim about the eye... very unusual. Also agree that the removal of the dead grass and angled OOF sticks (?) or grasses in BG would be beneficial.

Steve

Daniel Cadieux
04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Distracting elements already mentioned, but I would add that you could also crop the OOF foreground to just above the brighter band. That "lazy" eye is just so cool!!

Arthur Morris
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Ditto Gus on the distracting BKGR elements but if it fits with your ethics to remove that stuff either the Patch Tool or some Quick Masks would be much better than the Clone Stamp. I love the rest of the BKGR esp. the vegetation on the left side of the frame.

Philip Lombard
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Excellent shot agree with suggestions. I use the clone but follow up with either the patch or the healing tool.

Maxis Gamez
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM
This is very very nice. I would clone out the little branch in front of him.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello Haim, for one second I believed that you were wrong about the name of this guy, but now I understand that is in the same family of the Thick-Knees (Burhinidae) I like this image very much but I also agree about the little brach on the left.

Juan Aragonés
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I woul prefer a more OOF background but I wouldnt mind too much about it because is nice in the way you presented. The bird pose is fantastica and the eye contact superb.